Our team here at Horatio has been together for ten years and is a collaboration of entrepreneurs working towards the same goal – being the best at what we do. This provides us with an invaluable pool of real-world expertise. We combine practice with pioneering new ways of thinking to create an inspired and resourceful way of working that acts on opportunity and avoids risk in equal measure.
We offer career opportunities for leading experienced individuals and determined graduates to start their careers in an entrepreneurial, Dragons’ Den style investing.
We are currently offering the following career opportunities.
Accounts Assistant – UHNWI Family Office & Investment Business
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced account assistant, to be at the heart of the finance function of a fast-paced UHNWI Family Office & Entrepreneurial Investment Business.
Whilst intentionally keeping a low profile, Horatio Investments is achieving ground-breaking successes every day and investing across a diverse portfolio.
Role & Responsibilities
- Purchase ledger focussed, with some sales ledger requirements
- Process supplier invoices, make payments & reconcile bank accounts
- Ensure all payments are made efficiently and on time
- Month-end routines and journals
- Undertake projects for the CFO as required
- Good understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Minimum qualification of AAT level 3, or equivalent
- Able to use Excel and Word to a good standard
- Experience working with accounting packages (Sage experience would be particularly helpful but is not essential)
- Able to work in a small team
- Dedicated to consistently deliver a standard of excellence
- Natural curiosity that drives you to find the best solutions to everyday issues that you encounter within finance
- High level of attention to detail & accuracy
The role is based out of our stunning, hi-spec, purpose-built office in-between Glastonbury and Wells, with 30 acres of our private green land surrounding us, a stunning fountain, views overlooking the Mendip Hills (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), an in-house gym and fresh lunches provided every day.
If you are interested in applying for this unique opportunity or would like to find out more, please send us your CV today to email@example.com