Our team here at Horatio has been together for ten years and is a collaboration of entrepreneurs working towards the same goal – being the best at what we do. This provides us with an invaluable pool of real-world expertise. We combine practice with pioneering new ways of thinking to create an inspired and resourceful way of working that acts on opportunity and avoids risk in equal measure.
We offer career opportunities for leading experienced individuals and determined graduates to start their careers in an entrepreneurial, Dragons’ Den style investing.
We are currently offering the following career opportunities.
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
If you are looking for a diverse career across a broad portfolio of business investments, then read on…
Who are we?
Horatio Investments is an entrepreneurial investment business, that invests across a diverse portfolio. It also operates as a Single-Family Office environment for our CEO, Adam Norris, a successful entrepreneur. The investment activities include businesses that we have established, and also external investments – typically start-up and early stage (£1m profit+), where we provide active support and management to help them realise their true potential. Our portfolio is broad and reaches across exciting sectors such as renewables, software, F1, hospitality, equine sports, consumer goods and we are constantly exploring new opportunities.
What’s the role?
The role is split into 2 main parts, typically around a 50/50 split.
- 50% forecasting & reporting across the group portfolio of assets and investments; monitoring group liquidity and maintaining the Capital Allocation Plan
- 50% ad-hoc projects, which could include anything from implementing a new processes or accounting systems, improving group reporting, or appraisal of new investment opportunities
What is the team structure like?
The role sits within the finance department, which consists 6 team members. We have a hierarchical reporting structure and this role reports directly to our Chief Finance Officer.
What is the environment like?
This is an exceptionally successful, fast-paced & rapidly changing entrepreneurial environment. To date, Horatio has outperformed every UK listed investment company or fund that publishes results. Our business leaders are an impressive mix of accomplished entrepreneurs and award-winning leaders, offering an environment where you will truly learn from the best. We all sit together at lunch discussing ongoing projects and the office has a constant buzz of busy people.
What future growth does the role offer?
The breadth of activities that the business operates in ensures there are plenty of opportunities to broaden your professional experience and exposure to new situations, to make a significant impact and advancement in your career. For those who are driven, we offer an environment where the possibilities are endless.
Who are you?
First and foremost, you’ll be analytical with problem solving abilities. You’ll enjoy presenting the data in well-presented and clever formats with colourful charts & graphs. If you like presenting lever arch files full of detailed numbers, this is not the environment for you. You’ll enjoy variety in your work, keen to learn about new sectors and always flexible to take on ad-hoc projects and non-routine tasks as they arise. All in all, you’ll enjoy an entrepreneurial environment.
What qualifications are needed?
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- 2 – 5 years post qualification experience.
What are the responsibilities?
- Interpretation and presentation of management information
- Reporting on portfolio of assets and investments
- Analysis of key trends, business and investment performance
- Improvements to systems and processes
- New project forecasting and investment appraisal
- Managing loans and advances made to investments
- Forecasting for subsidiaries and development projects
- Maintaining and improving the Group forecast models, monitoring liquidity
- Due diligence and transaction support
What are the key skills & experience required?
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Preparation of Board and management reporting
- Monitoring KPIs
- Experience of forecasting and financial modelling
- Strong on Excel and have excellent reporting discipline
- Comfortable reviewing and understanding loan and investment agreements
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to interact with operations, advisors, entrepreneurs and other stakeholders.
What experience is nice-to-have?
- Experience of cloud-based accounting systems such as Xero
- Experience of BI tools such as Spotlight, Power BI
- Experience or exposure to of any of the following environments:
- Family Office environment
- Owner-managed business
- VC/PE or leveraged environment
- Entrepreneurial environments
- High growth medium size businesses (20 – 250 employees)
What are the offices like?
The role is based from our head office which is located between Glastonbury and Wells. We are surrounded by 30 acres of private land and impressive views overlooking the Mendip Hills (area of Outstanding Natural Beauty). It’s purpose-built with stunning architecture & design, including a high-tech gym and fresh lunches provided every day. An amazing environment to come to work to every day.
If you are interested in applying or would like to find out more, please send your CV to email@example.com (No Agencies Please!)